Saturday, January 19, 2008

Miami

Hi everyone!
I'm here in Miami and safe and sound in my hotel room for the night. It was hard to say goodbye to home and everyone there, but I'm getting excited for one heck of a trip. The group is amazing and we're already having a blast and ready to experience everything Cuba has to offer.

Flights down to here were a little messy. It started with a 45 minute delay in Albany that made me just late enough to miss my connecting flight in DC. That plus the pilot wouldn't park the plane until everyone rebuckled their seatbelts...wierd. So after a fun 4 hour layover, I headed to Miami on a plane being flown by Captain Kirk (no joke...and he played it up the whole flight). My bags were there no problem and people helped me get them to the hotel after they saw me carrying those giant things. We went out to dinner near the hotel and got a hamburger...my last beef for 4 months! Then came back, filled out some paper work by the pool and called home. Then, we decided to watch Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights with the group, which was wonderfully ridiculous and we're all going to take salsa lessons.

Tomorrow we leave the hotel around 8:30 and start the 2 and a half hour check-in process. Everyone send good thoughts that my luggage will be the right weight!! We take off at about noon and will be in Havana by 1ish. Apparently Cuba doesn't follow Daylight Savings Time, so even though we're in the same time zone I will be one hour ahead of the US. So me landing at 1 in US time equals 2 in Cuba.

It looks like I might be able to access the internet more than I thought because I have wireless, so I'll post again as soon as possible. Until then, love you all tons and talk to you soon!

~Jen

No comments: